Your Cart is Empty

September 17, 2021 2 min read

Compare car insurance quotes

It's quick and easy to compare car insurance and find cheaper cover – we just need a few details about you and your vehicle.

What type of car insurance do I need?

The best car insurance for you is an affordable policy that covers what you need – don’t just pick the cheapest option.

You’ll need third party cover as a minimum. It’s compulsory, and you can’t legally drive without it. But exactly what you’re covered for depends on the type of policy you choose.


Comprehensive car insurance


This is the most extensive cover you can get. It covers you for:

  • Repair or replacement costs if your car’s damaged or written off
  • If your car's stolen or catches fire
  • Claims made against you for people, passengers and their property.
  • It may differ by policy, so check what you're covered for

Find out more about fully comprehensive car insurance

Third party, fire and theft


  • This covers you for damage to other people, passengers or their property
  • Your car’s covered if it gets stolen or damaged by fire too
  • If you’re responsible for an accident, it won’t cover repairs to your vehicle or your own medical costs.

Find out more about third party, fire and theft (TPFT)

Third party only


  • This is the most basic level of cover
  • It's lowest level of cover you need to legally drive your car in the UK.
  • You’ll only be covered for damage you cause to other people, passengers, or their property.
  • There’s no cover for you or your car.
  • If your car’s stolen, damaged or catches fire you won’t be able to claim back the cost.